About the Loft - Wrigley Lofts is a former gum factory. Originally built in 1916, the factory was bought during its construction by Wm. Wrigley Jr. Company. Wrigley owned the building until the 1960s. In 1998, Atria Developments converted the building into 88 loft units over 5 storeys. The individual lofts vary in style, as original buyers designed their space to suit their personal style. Some notable features include original warehouse windows, concrete floors and fluted columns, and ceilings up to 13.5 ft in height.
About the Neighbourhood - Leslieville began as a small village back in the 1850s named after George Leslie, the owner of Toronto Nurseries (a lucrative business that occupied over 150 acres). Leslieville’s older houses were built in the late 1800s. They include Ontario cottages, Second Empire row houses and Victorian houses. Second generation houses were built in the early 1900s and comprised of detached and semi-detached houses as the tiniest bungalows in Toronto.
245 Carlaw Ave
|No. of Units