About the Loft - Chocolate Lofts was converted into hard and soft lofts by Plazacorp in 2005. Chocolate Loft was originally built at the corner of Queen St. W. and Massey as a plant for The Patterson Candy Co in 1912. Specializing in chocolate, The Patterson Candy Co. continued to expand and operate in that location until the late 1950's. Some of the hard loft features include 12 ft high wood or corrugated metal ceilings, wooden posts & steel beams, exposed brick and huge windows. Soft loft features include 10.5 foot concrete ceilings, floor to ceiling windows and concrete columns.
About the Neighbourhood - Trinity Bellwoods, a 100 acre parcel of land, was once owned by Captain Samuel Smith in the early 1800s. Smith named this park “Gore Vale” in honour of Lieutenant-Governor Frank Gore. In 1852, the lower half of Gore Vale became the grounds of Trinity College, after which this neighbourhood is named. The present neighbourhood began to take shape in the 1880s and was fully developed by the early 1900s.
955 Queen St W
|No. of Units
exercise room, party/meeting room