About the Loft - The Abbey Lofts were converted in 2008 by Taffycroft Enterprises. This church conversion is the former Howard Park Pentecostal Church that was originally built in 1910. With 24 units, ranging from 1,000 to 3,000 square feet, The Abbey Lofts encompass a wide variety of hard loft characteristics. Some of the original church features include 17-foot wood ceilings, exposed limestone walls, restored stained glass windows, original wood church doors, and brick archways.
About the Neighbourhood - High Park was formerly part of the Town of West Toronto Junction which was annexed by the City of Toronto in 1909. The High Park property south of Bloor Street was purchased in 1836 by John Howard, Toronto’s first surveyor. He named his estate High Park because of its beautiful view of Lake Ontario. In 1873, Howard deeded his estate to the City of Toronto.
384 Sunnyside Ave
|No. of Units
party room, visitor parking, BBQs allowed